Lenovo IdeaPad z580 Review

,
Hey guys, recently, for my birthday, I received the Lenovo IdeaPad z580. I have used it for close to a week now and I am going to share my honest opinion. First off, the specs. This laptop is running an Intel core i5 processor with 8 gigs of ram and a 750 gig hard drive. It comes with a 15.6 inch display and is loaded with windows 8 home premium. I has 3 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0 ports and a Dolby home theater sound system. Okay, now that I got that out of the way, it is review time. I instantly started the laptop up with the included pre-charged battery. Setup time is very short (around 10-15 minutes). After getting setup, I came face to face with windows 8 for the first time in person. To be honest, windows 8 is very confusing. But luckily I knew how to get to desktop mode. Desktop mode actually makes the "Windows 7" experience better. The first thing I would like to note about the laptop that made me happy is the full keyboard. Although some keys aren't as big as a regular keyboard, Lenovo managed to fit in a complete numpad. Also, the keys seem to be perfectly spaced apart. Although, when playing games like Minecraft, the space bar seems a little closer than I feel comfortable. But, yet again, I have big hands. The first thing I did once I had my computer setup is download some games. Now, these weren't the greatest quality games, (surgeon simulator, euro truck simulator, etc.)  but I ran them on high quality graphics and they ran smooth. Also the "Touch Pad" is very nice but like all track pads, aren't the best for gaming. But you can't have good gameplay without good sound, right? Well, you're in luck. This laptop's Dolby Home Theater sound system is amazing. Whether you watching simple YouTube videos, or high definition movies, Dolby delivers. Sometimes, I even choose not to use headphones when I normally would because I enjoy the amazing sound this laptop has to offer. Lastly, at first I was worried that this laptop would not have the best battery life. And while it doesn't have the best, I got around 3.5 to 4 hours of battery life on this. And that is from mostly gaming, video editing, and video watching. So if you are looking to just browse the web, you could squeeze out 4.5 hours out of a single charge.The battery does charge quite fast though. Around an hour for me. But my charger is normally plugged into an outlet extension the that has various other chargers plugged into it. So, that is my review on the Lenovo IdeaPad z580. I hope you enjoyed and please subscribe, +1, and give me feedback.  Please visit my website www.techhype.co, follow me on Twitter, www.twitter.com/techhypeco, and friend me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hunter.duffy.79